Additional Educational Resources
1) Teacher Guides (General Biology & Science) developed by biologist, journalist, and former high school teacher Dr. Deanna Soper Pinkelman, with high school and introductory college classes in mind. These include segment descriptions, keywords, and references to science-teaching standards including both National Science Education Standards (NRC/NAP) and AAAS Benchmarks in Science*. They also include student study questions (with sample answers for most questions). *Will be updated to Next Generation Science Standards as those become available.
- DOWNLOAD Teacher Guides: PDF WORD 10 May 2013
- DOWNLOAD Student Study Questions: PDF WORD 10 May 2013
2) Study Question for “Brain, Behavior, & Evolution” college course developed by Professor Dr. Jim Goodson (Indiana University) – these questions focus largely on “mechanisms” of behavior, physiology, and evolution, and include questions for Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 6.
- DOWNLOAD “Mechanisms” Study Questions: PDF WORD 10 May 2013
We view the Ordinary Extraordinary Junco educational resources as an “open-source” project, and invite contributions from any and all educators. These initial resources we developed were to encourage and facilitate educational use. We welcome we welcome any contributions to expand, refine, and create new materials to accompany our film project and will do our best to help share those with other educators.